506 Filmore St., PO Box 610
Sidney, Iowa 51652-0610
Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. M-F
See Holiday Schedule or Contact the County Auditor
Next Election: 2016 General Election November 8, 2016
2016 Candidate Listing by Office
News from the Iowa State Association of Counties: FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
5500 Westown Parkway, Suite 190, West Des Moines, IA 50266
October 18, 2016
Rachel Bennett, ISAC
Communications and Marketing Manager, 515.244.7181
Bill Peterson, ISAC Executive Director, 515.244.7181
Peggy Rice, ISAC 1st Vice President and Humboldt County Auditor, 515.332.1571
Grant Veeder, ISAC Board of Directors and Black Hawk County Auditor, 319.833.3002
West Des Moines - Voting in Iowa is free, voting in Iowa is fair, voting in Iowa is honest – county auditors across our state work hard to make sure that every vote is counted. Your County Auditor makes it as simple as possible for you to vote while upholding the highest integrity of the election.
“Voting in Iowa: Part 1.
Registering to Vote” (2:14)
“Voting in Iowa: Part 2. Voting
“Voting in Iowa: Part 3. Voting
on Election Day” (3:27)
Be sure to watch and to share all three of our elections videos to find out how county auditors bring you free, fair and honest elections in the state of Iowa.
The three-part Voting in Iowa video series – Registering to Vote, Voting Absentee, and Voting on Election Day – was made jointly by the Iowa State Association of Counties and the Iowa State Association of County Auditors with the goals of increasing voters; educating voters; eliminating fear and intimidation; informing about county government; informing about the role of the county auditor as the commissioner of elections; and breaking down the walls of people who haven’t voted or haven’t voted in a long time. Contact us directly or visit www.iowacounties.org for more information.
The Iowa State Association of Counties is a private, nonprofit corporation whose members are county officials from the 99 counties in Iowa. ISAC’s mission is to promote effective and responsible county government for the people of Iowa.
Scroll Down or Click Here for all Election Results
You May Register to Vote:
If You Move:
If you move within the county where you are registered to vote, you may change your address before the close of registration:
For more information contact:
Fremont County Auditor or Office of the Iowa Secretary of State
Commissioner of Elections Lucas Building, 1st Floor
PO Box 610 3221 E. 12th Street
Sidney, IA 51652 Des Moines, IA 50319
Absentee Ballot Request Federal Postcard Application (Military) FPCA Instructions
1. Election Department A division of the Auditor's
Office, conducting all elections in the county and maintaining voter
2. Real Estate, Taxation Keeps records of all property ownership in the county. Determines tax rates and property taxes for all taxable property based on valuations and certified local budgets.
3. Budget Receives and compiles budget information from the various county departments and presents it to the Board of Supervisors. Monitors county budget throughout fiscal year. Acts as a conduit for other local budgets filed with state.
4. Accounts Payable and Receivable Keeps ledger accounts of all revenues and expenditures of the county. Receives claims for payment from various departments, prepares list for Board of Supervisors, issues payment for claims approved by Board.
5. Payroll Keeps all wage and withholding records for county employees. Receives time cards, computes wages, generates and distributes payroll warrants (paychecks).
6. Clerk to Board of Supervisors Takes minutes of meetings and maintains records of Board proceedings.
7. Institutional Accounts Keeps accounts of expenses of institutionalized persons, seeks payment where appropriate. Also keeps records of mentally disabled consumers receiving services with county financial assistance. Determines legal settlement of potential county clients.
8. County Conservator A division of the Auditor's Office providing assistance to disabled individuals who are unable to handle their own financial and/or personal needs. The services provided to individuals are Conservatorship, Guardianship, or Representative Payee.
9. Permit Sales, on behalf of the State of Iowa, permits for beer, liquor and cigarette sales by businesses in the unincorporated areas of the county.
10. Auctions Keeps records on real estate conveyed to the county through tax sale deed, prepares for and assists Board of Supervisors in conducting public auctions to dispose of such real estate.
You must have Adobe Acrobat Reader to obtain the Forms below.
The Official Voter Registration Form is provided online. You may print this form off and fill it out by hand, please be sure to sign the form after it is printed.
for an Absentee Ballot is also available online please print this off
and fill it out and mail it according to the instructions on the form.
The Military Voting Information for Iowans who are in the Military or Overseas available here. Instructions for the FCPA.
|2003 School Election||September 9, 2003||2002 General Election||November 5, 2002|
|2003 Special Election IWCC||December 16, 2003||2003 City Election||November 4, 2003|
|2004 Primary Election||June 8, 2004||2004 School Election||September 14, 2004|
|2004 General Election||November 2, 2004||2005 Hamburg City Special Election||April 5, 2005|
|2005 School Election||September 13, 2005||2005 City Election||November 8, 2005|
|2005 Hotel/Motel Tax||December 6, 2005||2006 Primary Election||June 6, 2006|
|2006 School Election||September 12, 2006||2006 General Election||November 7, 2006|
|2006 Fremont-Mills Special||December 19, 2006||2007 School Election||September 11, 2007|
|2007 City Election||November 6, 2007||2007 Special Election IWCC||December 11, 2007|
|2008 School Special Elections||March 25, 2008||2008 Primary Election||June 3, 2008|
|2008 Hamburg City Special Election||July 8, 2008||2008 School Election||September 9, 2008|
|2008 General Election||November 4, 2008||2009 School Election||September 8, 2009|
|2009 City Election||November 3, 2009||2010 Primary Election||June 8. 2010|
|2010 Farragut/Hamburg School Special||September 14, 2010||2010 General Election||November 2, 2010|
|2011 School Election||September 13, 2011||2011 City Election||November 8, 2011|
|2012 Special Election (Sidney School)||February 7, 2012||2012 Primary Election||June 5, 2012|
|2012 General Election||November 6, 2012||2012 Special School Election||December 4, 2012|
|2013 Special School Election||April 2, 2013||2013 Special Election (LEC)||May 7, 2013|
|2013 School Election||September 10, 2013||2013 City Election||November 5, 2013|
|2014 Primary Election||June 3, 2014||2014 General Election||November 4, 2014|
|2014 Special Election (Farragut/Hamburg)||December 2, 2014||2014 Special Election (Senate Dist 12)||December 30, 2014|
|2015 Special Election (City of Riverton)||January 6, 2015||2015 Special Election (Rep Dist 23)||February 10, 2015|
|2015 School Election||September 8, 2015||2015 City Election||November 3, 2015|
|2016 Special School Election (Hamburg)||February 2, 2016||2016 Primary Election||June 7, 2016|
To obtain forms that are not here or gather more election information please visit the: Iowa Secretary of State's Website